Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Truth About Lies, Day 10 IM Experiment


People lie to me.  I'm not sure why.  I'm thinking that there are a variety of reasons.  But today between my meditations, I've come to realize a couple of things. I can connect with people fairly quickly.  I love creating new relationships and learning about what is important to people.  But it seems that there is a point at the end of conversation when, at times, I am being lied to.  It would be so easy it their nose grew like Pinocchio or there was a flashing light on their forehead blinking: Lie, Lie, Lie!  But here's the flash: Honesty is not easy.  It is simpler to make a promise of commitment with the intention of breaking it than to say "I'm not ready". "I'm not interested." "I don't want to."
 The original intention may not even be to lie, but circumstances, relationships, memory or time may get in the way.  Or they can't say no and don't want to hurt me. But, it's not about me. It's about them and their level of personal integrity.  Whatever the reason for them, I will not take it personally   In the meantime I'm going to look closer at everyone's nose when asking for a promise.....
"I am master of my emotions!" Og Mandino

No comments:

Post a Comment