Monday, July 23, 2012

A Piece of Cake Day 23 Meditation Experiment


I've been baking for many years. I learned to cook from scratch and have gotten pretty good at it. In fact I start with a recipe and then just add and subtract ingredients for personal flavor. But recently, much of my family has become gluten free and if you know the dynamics of wheat free cooking it's part math added to our personal flavor. And it includes a mix of flours I had hardly knew existed a few months ago that don't react at all like wheat. But now I've made enough chocolate cakes, that yesterday Geoff asked me to make a gluten free chocolate cake instead of the regular one, because it just tastes better.

Well I've been working on the meditation experiment for 23 days And now it seems almost easy to accomplish. The goal isn't that far away and it's almost become a habit of sorts in saying and memorizing it. In fact I'm already thinking about how to refine and redefine my personal IM statement.

And I reflect that tasks I've done well always seem easier after they are complete no matter how hard the process was. Just like making a gluten free cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment