Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lessons From My Garden #1

Some of my seeds are three years old, but when I put them in darkness and feed them, they are renewed. 

Let's face it. I've got the bug.Years ago my garden was huge because my budget did not allow buying fresh vegetables.  As time progressed, the effort of planting, weeding, harvesting and canning was replaced by easily purchasing them at the local fresh market.  Gardening was done for strictly monetary purposes.  Now my focus has changed and I am back to gardening because of the nutritional availability and use of organic non GMO modified seeds.

So with the early spring, I just couldn't help getting the seeds I overwintered into planters in anticipation of a full harvest.  And it just amazes me that what usually gets thrown away while cooking, saved, dried and put away for months, will be some of the best vegetables ever consumed and most beautiful flowers of any local garden.  And that is after I push each seed deep into the dirt.

As I become more aware of life and its processes, I notice that there are many times when I am also left in the dark .  But oftentimes for us human beings, there is a choice about staying in the dark or getting fed with enlightening information.  When we are in the dark we can feed ourselves with education, motivation and sometimes utilize skills with deep, probing, open ended questions.  For me being in a non judgmental position and not assuming a specific outcome helps me to grow and bloom.  Sometimes I have to overwinter to "see the light".  But the results are unbelievable!

With a SMILE,
Judy
Connect on Twitter @LifeEmpower
Facebook: www.Facebook.com/HealthiTown
Wellness Website: wwww.LifeEmpower.myvi.net

No comments:

Post a Comment